• Transforming Life Center is a six person detox and residential home with the science-based understanding that addiction is a treatable disease. In addition, medical, psychological and social problems can also be treated and managed in an effective manner. TLC is open to all who are 18 years of age and older and we are LGBTQ+ friendly.
Why choose us:
• Our Mission is to assist individuals and families within any community, who are struggling with alcohol and substance misuse, and behavioral issues to find a path to freedom from cravings and active addiction. We also recognize and affirm the unique worth of everyone. Above all else, we are committed to client-centered and culturally competent care, and improving the quality of families lives.
• Our philosophy is to provide those who suffer from alcohol and drug misuse a safe, clean and caring environment in which to live and learn about the disease of alcohol and drug addiction. We believe in offering clients the opportunity to explore their recovery with dignity. Every effort is also extended to assist the client in maintaining a positive attitude and continued abstinence, while gaining a foothold in their sobriety.
• Our goal is to deliver the highest quality holistic care, while providing cost effective addiction treatment to our community. Recovery can be an uphill climb sometimes. We provide the tools to assist with this ascent. TLC is also committed to act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness in the way we conduct our business and, in the way we live our lives. All of the valuable members of our care team pledge to treat each client and one another with loyalty and respect.
• At TLC, we also continually ask for feedback from our clients and their families to measure the effectiveness of our approach. We also continually set higher standards so that we will always lead the way in offering the most comprehensive addiction recovery programming in the country.
• Individual counseling and therapies are tailored to the client’s needs, level of care and length of treatment. Usually, the program starts with individual sessions, during which, a treatment plan is further developed with the client’s own inputs.
• Group therapy is where a therapeutic group has the opportunity to explore and resolve real world issues in a safe and supportive environment.
• Family therapy involves any of the client’s significant others: spouse, children, parents, siblings, etc. Family support is especially essential for the recovery of the individual.
• Counseling may help in identifying the root cause of the addiction and assist with repairing relationships, while learning coping skills.
• Animal therapy - Our three resident dogs love attention and are great at providing comfort. It is documented that animals decrease blood pressure and help to clear the mind.
• Yoga, meditation and art therapy classes also incorporate grounding and balancing techniques to assist with anxiety and focus.
• Residential Treatment clients will live in our treatment facility. The program normally lasts for 1-3 months.
• Intensive Outpatient Programming's major focus is prevention of relapse. The client will not live in a treatment facility but commits to continued classes, counseling and care 2-4 hours, 3-4 days a week.
• 12-Step Work depends on client’s needs, level of care and preference. There are over 49 different 12-step meetings in person and online assist with strengthen recovery knowledge and provide peer support.
• Sober Living usually follows after an intensive program such as a residential treatment. The client will live in a supportive substance-free environment together with other individuals recovering from addiction. This is usually recommended for those who think that returning home too soon will trigger a relapse, or for those who may not have a home to return to.
• In order to establish a foundation for ongoing abstinence, the individual must not only recognize and accept the need for abstinence from mood and mind-altering chemicals or behaviors but must also consider committing to changes in his or her behavior, attitude, values, beliefs, and lifestyle. Such changes are explored within the client’s cultural and ethical worldview. Recovery is an ever changing life-experience that one needs to get accustom to over time.
If this is an emergency for you, please call 911. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment for a consultation or tour, please contact us here or by phone: (714) 340-0131
We are open 24/7, seven days a week.
Sign up to hear from us on occasion about events and TLC updates.